7th CIRIEC international research conference on social economy
The 7th CIRIEC international research conference on social economy will be take place in Bucharest (Romania) from June 6th to June 9th around the general theme : social and solidarity economy : moving towards a new economic system.
While a global crisis seems to be near, this event is a great opportunity to share reflections about the role of social economy to face contemporary issues, especially regarding the United Nations Agenda 2030.
This conference is organized by the CIRIEC in partnership with Solidarity Laboratory, the University of Bucharest – Faculty of Sociology and the National School of Political and Administrative Studies.
This event is divided in several sub-themes:
- Workers owned enterprises (including experience of privatized enterprises in former communist countries) and the future of decent work
- Role of social economy in providing sustainable livelihoods in rural areas and in food sustainability, sovereignty and access
- Commons – historic, restored and new, collaborative common
- Social and solidarity economy eco-systems – governance, networks, visibility and policies
- Dimensions of Social and Solidarity Economy Sector – Statistics of the Social Economy
- New technologies, platforms, on-line collaboration leading towards a New Era of social and solidarity economy
- Inclusive finance and finance for social and solidarity economy enterprises
- Potential of SSE in New European Member States
- Social innovation – generating social change and impact
These sub-themes will be at the core of 5 workshops and 5 plenary sessions where participants will have the opportunity to debate about social economy issues and challenges.
Moreover, to have the most interesting discussions, the CIRIEC invited high-ranking representatives of important European organisations such as: OECD, Social Economy Europe, European Commission… It will be the moment for sharing point of views and prospective ideas to build a new economic system including more social economy.
To participate, the registration is open until the beginning of the event.