After 3 years of implementation, the BENISI project is coming to its end. It was then time for the 13 organizations constituting the consortium to take stock of what have been achieved so far, and to present it to the other stakeholders. The event took place in Brussels on the 8th of March 2016.
The aim of this project was to identify the key success factors as well as the challenges for scaling social innovations. The project has highlighted 300 European most promising social innovations and some of them were presented this day. Conference, workshops, networking and even “laughing yoga” was on the agenda.
POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ – PLS has assisted to a workshop on business and project failure, we found it very interesting. This report will then expose some clues for how to minimize its risks.
At the end of the day, the 150 participants were invited to vote for one out of 7 projects to give it the Social innovation and accelerators network (SIAN) award.
13h30-15h00: Opening presentation
- Xavier LE MOUNIER, Policy officer at the European Commission (DG Grow).
- Vincent DE CONINCK, Benisi coordinator.
- Testimony of incubators, SIAN members and social entrepreneurs on scaling.
- WS1: “Design your scaling strategy - Partnering & adapting your model?”
- WS2: “Implementing your scaling strategy - Team is KEY!”
- WS3: “Implementing your scaling strategy - Funding your scaling trajectory”
- WS4: “Monitoring your scaling trajectory & Impact measurement”
- WS5: "Major challenges that (can) lead to failure - Which are these and how to overcome?"
17h00-17h30: Workshops wrap-up
17h30-18h00: "Surprise act"
18h00-19h30: SIAN Award ceremony